Blogging Memories


I had a lovely time yesterday when I went to my friend and Close To My Heart consultant Natalie's house for an all day crop. She lives close by along a scenic road that always lets me appreciate the beauty of our neck of the woods.

This time, we were cropping at her house in her basement office. Check out her set up -- that is not even the tip of the organizational iceberg. Plenty of storage and tons of room to work. Can you say "jealous"?

I also got my first look at a Cricut machine and, holey moley, I was impressed!

I was able to get plenty done, but best of all it was relaxing. Here are a couple of my layouts:

I think you can tell that Mom was on my mind on her birthday, huh?

My parent's wedding photo, done at a San Francisco photo studio.

My goal with this album is to make the layouts simple and not overly-embellished, since it is kind of a family history effort.

I love all the papers and stamps that I'm using - primarily the "That's Amore" line from Close To My Heart, but I'm also using coordinating papers. Check out Natalie's website to have a look at their stuff, and if you decide to order from her you won't be sorry. Their shipping is really quick and she's the best!

Comments

This sounds like a wonderful day! I had a good friend who hosted several crops in her home about 5 years ago and then she had to move away due to her husband's job. I really enjoyed those gatherings!

I haven't been able to get around to visit as much as I'd like the last couple of weeks due to classes starting this week. I have 60 students again in two classes online and there's a lot of work especially the first weeks. Also, I've been enjoying time for a little crafting and getting together with my daughter and the little ones.

Thinking of you often! Hugs, Coralie
Micki said…
Sounds like you had a fun day. I love scrapbooking too, so I was very interested in everything!
Micki
maryboys said…
i really like that wonderful photo of your parents...i do not have any like that. just priceless!

mary

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth