Weekend update

Yesterday my son and I helped out at our Scout troop's annual food drive for our local food pantry.
Our town was so generous this year!
 They collected more than 1,000 lbs. more than we did last year!
2700 vs. 1600 lbs. last year at the same time...
It was a happy time for a bunch of hard workers.
I finished a project I have had planned for so long now: the pillow above.  It is made from a vintage 1991 French designer fabric that I have before now been reluctant to cut; it depicts Minton tea cup patterns.
I love this fabric so much that I'm planning to keep this pillow for myself.  I don't do that often enough; I'm sure that's true of all of us, huh?  I added some very nice black vintage buttons to the front.
On the back is this gorgeous woven fabric that matched perfectly; like I said, I've long planned this pillow and I'm happy to have finally made it into a reality!
Here's another pillow that I think is just really fun!  It's made from two different vintage cotton towels.  The background fabric is a stylized print of fruit and a wheelbarrow, while the focal piece is cut from an embroidered towel with the same motif.
The embroidered piece is just so cheerful!
I used a variegated thread to stitch the embroidered motif on top of the pillow.  This one is going in the shop!

What have you been up to this weekend?

Comments

LuLu Kellogg said…
I love that fabric Laurie!

The generosity of others in your town is truly heartfelt.

Happy Sunday!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo
Anonymous said…
How wonderful that you and your family participate is such a gracious way. Your embroidery is so beautiful!
barb cabot said…
I love the idea of giving young boys the opportunity to pay it forward just as your town has done. Congrats to all for such a worthwhile effort. PS Love love love your darling pillows. God Bless you all.
barb cabot said…
I love the idea of giving young boys the opportunity to pay it forward just as your town has done. Congrats to all for such a worthwhile effort. PS Love love love your darling pillows. God Bless you all.
Cory said…
The embroidery took me waaaay back to when my mother taught me how to do this. Love the pillow.

Also, thanks for the kudos.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth