Beautiful Birdsong projects, part four

Karla's class at Birdsong was a beautiful wall hanging with a nature theme.  It gave us a chance to be so creative and spell out anything we wanted to express; I decided on "Nest"!
Karla provided us with a magnificent package of papers and embellishments, plus a whole bunch more we could choose from.  I was in paper arts heaven!
You should have seen some of the vintage wallpapers coming out of her kits!  Swoon!
 
While Karla came around giving us great tips and pointers on making beautiful altered pieces, I went to town with all the beautiful papers; here is a photo of me using Karla's very own palette to paint a little wooden egg -- I felt very privileged!
I think you can tell from my smile that I was having a blast!
Here's a shot of the same wall hanging, this time hanging on my wall at home; I love it like crazy!
And, here is some close up detail...
...the little tag underneath the "E" in "Nest"...
...and the bling-y "S" with the little painted egg hanging beneath it.
 I guess I was so distracted by all the fun that I didn't realize that, once we finished Karla's class, Birdsong was over; soon, my classmates who were flying home or starting their drive that night began to say their goodbyes. 
So, Karla invited us to take some photos in front of her "breezeway" which was decorated for Birdsong with a pretty grapevine awning.  Here are Suzanne and I, "The Colorado Girls"...
...and me with Mary Green of Green Paper, who I was thrilled to meet! Mary was one of the vendors at Birdsong's Vendor Fair and I have followed her blog for a long time!
 
Goodbyes are always so bittersweet!  Then, those of us who were staying over Sunday night got together with Karla for an impromptu dinner at one of her favorite Mexican restaurants; it was easier to leave the cottage and then have a little more time together before saying our final goodbyes.
I'll never forget all the fun, friendship, sharing, giving, and learning that happened at Birdsong!  If you ever get a chance to go to one of Karla's events, don't pass it up!

Comments

Gabriela said…
Beautiful!!!!!I wish I lived by you to join you!!!!
Anonymous said…
Thanks so much for sharing all of your Birdsong experiences! Makes me really wish I had been there. :-)
Jingle said…
Such pretty hangings!!!
Anonymous said…
Laurie, I have thoroughly enjoyed every tale, image and feeling from this wonderful journey you were lucky enough to share in. You will carry such beauty in your memories and be able to see it's rewards throughout your house as well. Have a fabulous weekend!
Anonymous said…
Love your creation! And looks like you had a blast!
Angela said…
Your *NEST* creation is amazing! It all looks like it was so much fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth