Nearing 1,000

Even though I've been quieter than usual around here lately, I'm full of ideas.  Did you know I've written almost 1,000 posts on this blog?  I'm planning something special for number 1,000.
I wanted to show you these fabulous earrings made by Betsy; I have been wanting to own some of her little bird earrings for a long time!  These are made with grey mother of pearl buttons as the base (swoon!)  Isn't it fun how she used a sea shell as the mount?
She makes some wonderful jewelry from mostly antique pieces (you know how much I love that!)  I have been dying for some of her watch face earrings, too, and so I treated myself:
Isn't her packaging beautiful?  And look at the pretty glass and sparkle BUTTONS she included because she knows me so well!  Can you see the narrow little watch faces on that second pair of earrings?  Love!
I also made a purchase from one of my favorite eBay shops, ipullgardenweeds, run by my buddy Linda.  Above are all the fun goodies she sent me as gifts with my two purchases!
First, I couldn't resist getting this antique table cover -- it's a quilt-like assemblage of laces.
Feast your eyes...
It had some condition challenges so originally I thought I might use it as a cutter...
but now that it's in my hands I find I can't bear the thought!
I also scored some bark cloth from her -- in a Grandma Moses print!  I can't wait to dream up a project for it.
At a favorite antique store the other day, I was unable to resist these dried hydrangea:
How PRETTY does the bundle look on my new table cover?
It's quickly turning to Autumn around here and I am hoping to get out to do some leaf-peeping this coming weekend so I can share some of our pretty Colorado color with you all.  It's all going by so quickly, isn't it?

Comments

Kathy said…
Oh Laurie, 1000 posts - that is remarkable!! Love love Betsy's work and good for you for indulging your "shelf: - hehe!
Dee in N.H. said…
Gorgeous treats!! I especially like those earrings! and wow, 1000 posts is a great milestone. Enjoy the colors while out peep'in. Ours are just about at there very best.
Dee in N.H. said…
Oooops! Sorry I can't spell today...
Sami said…
Wow, 1000 posts, amazing. I love the earrings too, very different. Plus all the lovely embroidered cloths.
Thank you so much Laurie, I'm so happy you love your earrings:-)
The lace is gorgeous and I love your last picture of all the beautiful fall treasures.
Wow 1000 posts! Can't wait to see your special post for that. I love Betsy's jewelry and all her wonderful creations! That lace is stunning and so glad you got it for your stash!
hugs,
Linda
Deborah said…
Good for you Laurie. I am not even up to 250 posts yet LOL I am a terrible blogger. Thanks for the link to the lovely jewelry and shops.
JoJo said…
Great scores!! :D Congratulations on your 1000 post!
Maggie said…
Hi Laurie--your earrings from Betsy are wonderful!! And you DESERVED them, to celebrate 1000 posts,girl! I will NEVER catch up to you, that is a big for sure.

I'd have a hard time cutting into that lace sampler, too! That cut-work portrait is so very fantastic...I've never seen that done before. What a treasure.

Hope you are doing well, Laurie-dear!

what a great accomplishment...1000 posts! love the presentation of the bird earrings...so clever.
Tammy said…
Congratulations on 1000 posts!! That lace table cover is to die for! But then, when I scrolled down to the bark cloth...oh my! I love barkcloth! Happy Fall to you!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth