All things seem possible in May

I want to believe that all things are possible in May, how about you?

My husband is beginning his fourth month of joblessness -- and not for lack of trying to find a job.  He's had several interviews that have come to nothing.  I feel so bad for him.  Heck, I feel bad for myself, if you want to know the truth.  I have had four job interviews in the past five months and didn't get any offers.  It's enough to make a girl want to give up, truly.  My current temporary assignment ends next Friday; so far, I have nothing lined up for after that.

I recently went to a sign painting class that was offered at a local restaurant.   It was a lot of fun!
This is the quote I chose and painted -- I have it hanging on my family room wall now:
I'm telling you: I read it with hungry eyes, every day.  I wish this season of our lives was already behind us!!

</end pity party>

Anyway...

Do you remember when my blogging friend Claudia sent me these wonderful vintage Hallmark cards, Dolls of the Nations?
They were so colorful, and in perfect condition, and because they were so beautiful on the backs, too, I knew right away I was going to have to make them into a banner!
Each card was decorated with a feather on the doll's hat -- so all I had to do was replace some of them and then punch holes in each of them before stringing them together.


This one is my favorite -- as near as I can tell, it's the only boy!  Unless, in Australia, Monty is also a girl's name (?)
The banner is displayed on my china cabinet just so I could get a few good photographs; in reality, it's hanging in between my living and dining rooms, so you can see the cards from both sides!
We've been having our usual unseasonable Spring snow and cold lately, and I spent much of April sick with the head cold that wouldn't go away (but am better now.)  I am ready for SUNSHINE!
Ben's finishing his 2nd year of college and will be coming home soon, for a few weeks.  We've already been up to see him and brought back a carload of stuff from his dorm for him!  How time flies, right?

I'm excited to have signed up for Karla Nathan's Birdsong 6 event: Snowbird, in November!  It was a real leap of faith to do so, but not only do I need something to look forward to, I also need to believe that by that time all will be settled with jobs, etc.  You should check and see if there is still space available, and join me there!

I've been adding some fun new stuff in my Etsy shop; if you haven't been there in a while, please take a look -- or even if you have, please click the link anyway to keep the shop fresh and hopping!  IndulgeYourShelf.etsy.com  Here's a peek:
I hope you are having a lovely start to your month of May!

Comments

Praying that you two find something very soon. Those cards are so sweet. Reminds me of the international dolls my mom collected for me from Avon years ago. May blessings, Tammy
Your sign is adorable, and great sentiment. But your banner is fabulous. Oh there is nothing like those vintage graphics and you did them proud.

My hubby is 2 months out of work, and 1 more to go due to surgery. Not getting paid sure isn't easy. Sending both of you positive thoughts that jobs are around the corner. It is surely a difficult economic time.

Enjoyed your post today! :)
Claudia said…
I'm so sorry to hear about the job woes in your family. Not a fun time.

I love the sign. The sentiment is perfect.

I'm so glad you liked the cards and I love the banner you made from them.

I too hope that by Birdsong you are both employed in jobs you love.

Take care blogging friend!
Kelli Davidson said…
I love those dolls of nations! Your banner cheered me right up. I'm praying for your family as I pray for mine! :)
jeanniemc said…
I believe you will get the job just for you! Still praying for you...So excited that you are going to Karla's Birdsong! I love to look at the projects everyone makes and hope someday to make it to her event! I think you are the 3rd blogger friend whose blogs I read that will be attending the event--cannot wait to see everyones creations! Sending hugs and encouragement to you & hubby--hang in there!

Jeannie

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth