Bouncing back

It's taking me longer than I expected to bounce back after last month's illness; it makes me feel old that my energy is still so low but I'm trying to be patient with myself.  I'm exercising again, a bit slowly, but surely, and I'm just about back to normal with eating.  I lost 12 lbs. in 3 weeks, but I don't recommend the method to anyone!
We had such scary weather across the country this past week; I am hoping all of my friends in blogland are well and safe.  Here in Colorado, we awoke to a bit of snow Sunday morning, and then it snowed off and on all day.  It's all melted away today, though.
I lost a good few weeks of productivity there, so I was very grateful that I had started my Birdsong Two preparations early.  We'll be taking off for that next week, traveling across Kansas to Karla's Cottage!  I can't wait to see my friends again -- and meet some new ones!
I wanted to be a sponsor of the weekend this time, so I put together some sponsor packages back in February.
It was fun to gather bits and pieces of supplies and a couple of handmade creations, too, as gifts for all the gals who will be there!  I got swept up in the fun and decided to make some small button packets on behalf of my other blog, Button Floozies, too!

A gal can never have too many buttons, am I right?
I am hostessing a swap at Birdsong Two; we are going to make a banner that spells, "SING" in groups of four, with everyone making one letter to spell out the word.
On one of the first days I was feeling better, my buddy Rebecca came over to work on banner swap pieces!  I'm so excited that she is going to be coming to Birdsong Two!  Look at that messy work space, aka the dining room table!  Guess what -- it still looks like that!
Here's a little sneak peek at the banner letter I created!
I also participated in a charm swap, where we all sent off handmade charms to the hostess and she will create a necklace out of them...and then, just this morning, I finished off a matchbox swap for the event!
I also got busy creating a "supply suitcase" for Rebecca to bring along; it matches the one I made myself last year from an almost identical Samsonite make up case!  (I love the little advertising card art I used on the front of hers, because it looks just like her husband and her!)
Our suitcases are similar, so I made her an initial "R" for quick identification!
In the background, the beautiful bouquet of flowers my in-laws sent me to celebrate my being well again.  Countdown to Birdsong Two: Suzanne and I will start our road trip to Kansas from Colorado in just 9 days!  Woo hoo!

Comments

Kathy said…
Yay! I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better! All your creations are just beautiful.
Unknown said…
Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time full of swappy goodness. I'm glad you are finally feeling like you are back to normal. You look so cute in the pic w/ your pal. I wouldn't have guessed you had been under the weather. Believe it or not I would love to have seen more snow this year. It was 87 here today. What happened to Spring?
Linda E. Pruitt said…
Haven't visited lately, and didn't know that you had been sick! So glad to hear that you are recovering. Sounds like you will be having a great time at Bird Song! Enjoy!
So glad you're feeling better, Laurie ~ your prep for Birdsong is fabulous and I'm so sad not to be going....hopefully, next year! Have safe travels and oodles of fun! Your travel cases are awesome and I just know you girls will rock the show!
xoxo
Karen
HI! I'm Tabitha said…
good you are feeling better in time to prep for karla's. you will have a blast....i hear the studio is looking fab for this event... i know you will have a marvelous time and cant wait to see what you create. hugs
Becs said…
Hi Laurie, so glad you are on the mend! Too cool you get to go to Karla's. I so wanted to go to that, but it didn't work out this time for me. Have fun for me! Becs
autena said…
Your energy makes me envious--can't imagine what you do when you feel really good! have fun at the get together. I'll be looking forward to your posts about it
Anonymous said…
Sweet Laurie, I am so glad you are feeling better and oh my goodness, how you have made up for lost time! Just look at all of those gorgeous creations you have made. I hope you have a wonderful time at Birdsong Two and I know everyone will love the little gift bags you created, not to mention your delightful company. Hugs, my lovely friend. Mina

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth