My petite vintage spring jar for Susan

You wouldn't think it...but because I was struggling with illness it took me days to get this swap together and out the door for my swap partner, Susan!
I started with a paper mache bird from Michael's; it was covered in various newspaper clippings and I added more ephemera paper on top of it, then stamps and rub ons, doodles with glitter pens, and scrapbook paper wings.
She got an eyelash yarn necklace and a flowered hat, too.  Then I nested the bird in dotted tulle, lace,  frothy crepe paper trim, and vintage millinery flowers.
The fun really started when I gathered all kinds of smalls to store in the jar, in a vintage Spring theme:
A coordinating mini matchbox filled with buttons; tiny butterfly "paperweight", gorgeous sparkly glass buttons, vintage, hand-painted porcelain brooch...
amazing vintage crepe paper, toothpick-sized fan...
Easter-y goodies...
It didn't fit in the jar, but I added a gorgeous linen guest towel in perfect Spring pastels...
I couldn't resist adding a stamp and stamp block in a cheery spring theme...
And wrapped'em in the linen, tied with a lush piece of vintage satin ribbon.  I hope Susan loved it all as much as I loved putting it together for her!  She's so talented, as you can see by my post just before this one -- so I know she'll put it all to good use!

Comments

Your creation is SO charming, Laurie! I'm sure Susan will be over the moon when she receives it. The treasures you've included in the jar are amazing!!
Tammy said…
It's amazing how much great stuff you can fit in a small jar! I love the birdie on top!
Kathy said…
Oh.My.Gosh. I am sure she will be thrilled. I cannot believe you fit all of that goodness inside that jar. Love the sweet birdie!
Dee in N.H. said…
Holy mackerel!! That's just amazing!!!! Love the bird and all those awesome goodies!
Linda said…
Just adorable. She will most certainly be pleased with the jar and all the little surprises inside-nicely done Laurie.
Wow! This is just the sweetest creation. I love all the little treasures you put together and way the little bird is sitting on the jar. Very clever of you:-)
Becs said…
Hey Laurie, What a cute lil birdie! I love that jar, but OMG how did you get all those gooides in that teeny jar? LOL Have a blessed Easter! Becs
Tami Hacker said…
Laurie,

Your little crazy-quilted paper bird is a cutie-patootie!

Your swap partner will be thrilled with all those wonderful goodies!

Hugs, Tami
Lisa said…
Love that sweet little bird!
What a great swap!
Pretty Things said…
OH OH OH OH! I so love that -- is it OK to be jealous?

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth