A quiet book

One of my friends recently likened my fabric books to "quiet books" that you give to little children to keep them occupied.  It made me giggle, and it's kind of accurate, too!
I finished another one; this one is now listed in my handmade Etsy shop, Leaves and Lace.  It's kind of a blue and white theme...I love those colors, and especially in the summer!
I mixed fabrics, bits of table runner, wide lace, trim, and all kinds of hand embroidered pieces; above, a tiny cocktail napkin with embroidered pansy made into a pocket.
On the left side of this two page spread, a mix of crochet and machine laces, and on the right side, more lace trim and vintage millinery pieces on a blue guest towel.
The brick red, rosy fabric on the left, above, is quilt fabric that is the only piece in this little book that is not vintage; I used blue teal vintage seam binding to decorate it, as well as that wonderful wide vintage eyelet trim!  I used some unusual embroidered trim on the right page...it looks like little horses, or dogs, marching across it -- pink on blue.
A piece of green vintage fabric from a swap behind a crocheted blue doily, accented with pretty vintage white buttons...
and for the last page, I pieced together white cotton into a sideways pocket; I think it would be perfect to slip pretty handkerchiefs into!
Here's the back: vintage tablecloth and a gorgeous little doily!
Oh, and I wanted to show you that picture I made, framed by Michaels:
Did you know you can buy one of their ready-frames on the shelf and have them mount your work for you?  For this one, they put it in the frame and added a professional hanging wire on back.  It cost $2 (besides the cost of the frame) and it was ready in one hour.

Comments

Kathy said…
I adore your fabric book. You have such a talent for them. Just wonderful!!
autena said…
I hope my comment doesn't show up twice --had a glitch! I love blue and white too! This one will sell quickly, I imagine.
Lisa said…
Just gorgeous Laurie - as always! But that beautiful red with the blue and the wide eyelet - Wow!!
I'm going to miss you girls next week. Have the absolute best time and please, please, please take and post lots of pictures! ;)
Claudia said…
Blue is my favorite color. I love this book. I have all the elements to make a book but wouldn't know how to start. You are so creative. I also love your painting and the frame. Good job!
You know I love busy books, especially the beautiful, eye-and-fingertip-candy pages you create! :)

Hugs.

Michaele
Unknown said…
Just lovely...I really love the little detail on the page with the red quilt fabric where you tied so sweetly the teal seam binding...
Robin said…
Your fabric books are stunning!

Hugs,
Robin
Pallas said…
Your fabric book is very pretty. I love the blues and whites.
Linda Sue said…
Very pretty and clever! I love your framed piece too, fabulous! thanks for the tip about framing and Michaels.
Love your "quiet book" You are so talented and can take anything vintage and repurpose it in such a cool way. Hugs to you and hope you are staying cool! So sad about those Colorado fires and all the homes that were lost! I know people in Utah lost homes too in fires across that state. Hope this has not affect anyone close to you!
I love your fabric book such great things included in it and I want those buttons LOL

I can't find any great buttons at all or haven't this summer

Where have All The Buttons Gone ????
Linda said…
The book is beautiful! I love the white and blue, so fresh. And the painting! Wow! Love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth