The odd stuff I buy at estate sales

 They just don't make them like this anymore...
fun graphics on this old box of corsage pins I brought back from an estate sale!  Have you priced pins lately?  They are so expensive new that I often bring them home from such sales.
One of the sales I attended was a house FULL of these molded plastic all hangings.  And I mean, several on the walls in every room.  I've never seen such a large collection!  I brought these home with me, because I love the swallow motif.  They look great painted a matte color.
Not so odd: a couple of books.  I loved the photo on the front of Poemcrazy -- plus, it boasts a review on top from one of my favorite writers who writes about writing, Ann Lamott of Bird by Bird fame.
The book on the right is a guide, How To Draw Trees, and I really liked the clever illustrations.
It's from the 1950's and the author, Frederick Garner, really went to town with his drawings.
I liked how he slipped in some amphibians...
and birds!
I think he might have had the story of Eve and the apple tree on his mind at one point...SQUIRREL!

Comments

Gabriela said…
I love the pins!And the book is fantastic!!!You sure find some great things!
Fabulous books - amazing illustrations! Are you going to practice drawing trees?
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger
andrea creates said…
great finds! i would have definitely bought the birds and pins too : )
I have to admit the photo on the front of the poetry book is the kind of thing that would have given me nightmares as a child. Long striding people? *shudder*.
Our car boot season starts on Saturday. Hurray! :D
Love your interesting finds.
kathyinozarks said…
you find such awesome goodies-congrats. I love the little birds, and the book on how to draw-excellent
Lots of wonderful finds. Love the birds, and that crown pin you posted about - awesome! Any book recommended by Anne Lamott is a book I'd read, and I love the funny inclusions in the "tree" book.
Kathy said…
Great finds and I ALWAYS buy the old pins, too, especially corsage pins.
Patty said…
Gosh, what fun. This is what I am going to do when I retire.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth