Good stuff

My friend Kathy got together with two of her buddies and "staged" a 100+ year old house that's for sale on The Old North End in Colorado Springs with antiques for sale!  They were on hand during the open house and sold lots of their great stuff!  They have the best stuff.
I had to have this small child's vintage bathrobe...
made from a quilt.  Sweetness!
I also grabbed this batter bowl; it's milk glass, painted red, and has an iron handle:
I managed to squeeze in a bit of thrifting on my weekend away last week:
Such a pretty little egg cup...
Royal Doulton!  I love that lion backstamp.  And see how crackled it is?  I LOVE crackle.
I picked up this canvas, made of burlap with a painted/stenciled design, for $1.99.  It's from Hobby Lobby or the like, a $30 item.
It's cute enough as it is but I'm planning to repurpose it.
Have you ever seen one of these?  It's a doily that is decorated with little swans all along the edges!
It made me laugh out loud!  I think it would be fun to dye it and make the swans into turkeys!  It reminded me of my friend Angela -- of the crazy turkey hat.
Um, have you noticed how it's already beginning to look a lot like Christmas out there?  I bought this dear little deer at that antique show last week.  It was irresistible with the Colorado connection. I would like to make more...sans the label.
I could NOT pass up this little music box figurine at a Goodwill (not my work, an actual store.)
Squee!  Look at those faces.  I am addicted.
Speaking of addicted: I made a couple more of these little pumpkins.  This one was a housewarming gift for friends and I didn't have time/light to get better photos before wrapping it up for them.  They are the only thing keeping me from throwing myself wholly into Christmas crafting (in my spare time.)  It's the day of my very favorite, twice-yearly craft fair in Monument and I am probably not going to be able to resist at least stopping by there.  On the agenda for later this afternoon: enjoying my newest issue of Somerset while the Broncos play. Happy Sunday everyone!

Comments

JoJo said…
Great finds! Love the Santa music box. What does it play?
Dee in N.H. said…
Cool stuff! Hope your Broncos do better than my Pats are looking right now! LOL!
Unknown said…
Laurie, I love it when you squeal !!!
Sami said…
I love the quilted robe and the exquisite egg cup. Beautiful finds.
Kathy said…
I have NEVER seen a doily with swans - wowza!!
Kelli Davidson said…
Yep! Like you said, "Good Stuff!"
Love it all, but especially the little Santa music box. Sweet!
Fun, fun treasures! I love that red batter bowl. I wonder if the swan doily had a purpose other than just looking cute:-) Thanks for sharing your goodies.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth