Hoping for Spring

Spring is coming.  I know it is.  I believe it.
Even though I just drove home from the store in yesterday.
And awoke to this today...again.
The other day, when the sun was actually out, I got together with Jeanelle and we made this Maya Road wreath kit!
 Maya Road is known for their flowers and these were fabulous!
We transformed a straw wreath into this:
Isn't it awesome?
It was SO MUCH FUN!
It's on my wall to remind me that Spring WILL come.
In other news: my crock pot wore out.  Seriously.  I use it a lot.
So here's a new one Dennis and Ben picked up for me; this was taken on St. Patrick's Day when it was full of corned beef and cabbage.  (It was delicious.)
I'm probably the only person you know who could get excited about a crock pot!
Work is about the same. I have had some kind of fun stuff come through lately. I adore the altered child's skates on the left.  They are hand painted with tiny snowflakes, in green and gold.  The blades have been sprinkled with sparkly glitter. Precious.
And I am in love with that McCoy bowl on the right.
 When I was on that quick shopping trip I told you about in my last post, I spotted this McCoy planter; normally, I don't care for the 70's era McCoy too much, but I did like the circle design on this one.
I also liked this little flower pot; it's one I haven't seen before, in a rose color, and I think I need it for my collection.  In fact, I think I need all three of these McCoy pieces!
 
This vase was the most exciting thing I think to come through work in a while; it was listed by one of my coworkers and it sold for more than $1,100 last week.
It was a joy to behold, and hold, and admire -- since I knew I'd never be able to afford it!
I haven't had much time for junking lately...but I did go to a couple of thrift shops yesterday and came home with something old/new to replace the button jar above...
a votive vase, by Mikasa.  I filled the vase with all those mother of pearl buttons.
It makes me happy.
As far as art: besides that wonderful wreath, nothing new lately -- although I did get out my inchey sampler from Silver Bella 2010 and switched it around/added to it (above.)
This was practice and play in anticipation of when I put together the incheys I just got in the Valentine Swap.
Which by the way, Beth blogged beautifully about a few weeks ago -- and showed her finished incheys sampler.
I've actually already begun to sew my version of the incheys sampler.  I can't wait until the sun comes out so I can photograph it and show you a picture of my progress.  It's all hand sewing, and slow going, and that about my speed these days.

Comments

Beth Leintz said…
The art glass vase is striking, but Im with you, the McCoy bowl is more my style.
Sounds like you've been keeping busy! Lots of pretties. Today I asked, "Why can't it get warm and stay warm?," to which the DH placidly replied, "We know it will get here." We do know, but sooner would be better as far as I'm concerned!
Kathy said…
That wreath is just amazing. Love love love it! I am not familiar with the brand. Did everything come in the kit or just the flowers?

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth