Birdsong 4 -- The Banner Swap

I'm away at Birdsong 4 right now but scheduled this to post in my absence; last night we will have swapped our banners.  My partner was Barb; she and I have met twice before at Karla's.  It's always fun to make a swap for someone you know!
Barb let me know she wanted a banner that said, BIRDSONG and that since it was going to be for her studio/craft room, she wanted it to be in moss green/peridot.  Which is one of my favorite colors, too!
I decided to make the banner out of paper.
These letters are made of chipboard; they started out white and I covered them with a soft green paper.
Then I stamped over one side with a soft leafy stamp in antique brown.  I like how they turned out!  I roughed up the edges and then glittered all of the letters with green Stickles.
It took me a while to figure out what "theme" I wanted to use for the actual pennants.
Do you remember those fashion prints I bought a few weeks ago?  Well, I scanned them and cut out some of the ladies; then, I cut out 
some beautiful little birds from postcards. Every other pennant was a fashion gal with a bird.
I decorated the pennants in between with antique postcards and bird scrap.
I embellished each pennant with a variety of flowers, buttons, and vintage lace and crochet pieces.
I put pretty tissue paper on the back of each, and strung them together with some really great old green netting.
I tied several piece of vintage lace and decorated ribbon in between each pennant.
I wish I could have gotten a photo of the whole thing -- but it is super long!
I packed it away in a BEAUTIFUL old tin I've been saving for something special, nestled in a huge piece of crocheted doily.
I also included some of this vintage trim, in case Barb wants to add it behind/strung through the existing netting.
Here's hoping she loved it!
When I return, I'll show you the one she made for me.

Comments

Kathy said…
Oh Laurie, you hit it out of the ballpark on this one. It is simply stunning and I am sure she will be thrilled!
Kathy Bremer said…
Laurie, the banner is so beautiful. Just stunning. A labor of love. Kathy B
Debbie S. said…
Your banner is amazing I love all your special details.
Patty Antle said…
You are so lucky to be at Birdsong. I just met Karla at An Affair at Downton in LA. Such a talented and nice lady. Your banner is wonderful and will be cherished.
Patty Antle said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty Antle said…
sorry I clicked twice, now three times!
It's beautiful and she obviously loved it, as did everyone there!

Oh I like your banners so much and the post before with the altered altoid tins , I did a swap once for those tins and it was my all time favorite swap

you have such fun and travel around a lot
Abby / Linda said…
Love seeing all your creativeness!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth